Hampshire County Council is seeking residents’ and stakeholders’ views on proposals to change its offer of Home to School Transport and Post-16 Transport to continue to meet the statutory requirement but to limit any discretionary provision.
The consultation is open from midday 16 January 2018, and closes at 23:59pm on 13 March 2018.
Views are being sought on the following proposed changes:
· To stop providing new Home to School Transport to children with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities attending nursery placements from September 2018
· To only provide Home to School Transport once a child reaches compulsory school age from September 2019
· To implement the revised walking distance from two miles to three miles on a child’s eighth birthday from September 2018
· To remove the automatic right to Post-16 Transport for new placements from September 2018
· To charge where transport is provided as an exception to policy
The findings from this consultation will be published and presented to the Executive Lead Member for Children’s Services later in 2018. Feedback will help to inform any decision by the County Council on the proposed changes to the Home to School Transport service and Post-16 Transport service.
You are invited to give your views on the proposals to for Home to School Transport and Post-16 Transport. You can do this by using the online Response Form at: https://www.hants.gov.uk/aboutthecouncil/haveyoursay/consultations/hometoschooltransport.
The deadline for submitting responses to the consultation is 23:59pm on 13 March 2018. Please note that responses received after this date will not be included in the findings report.
If you have any questions about the consultation, please email email@example.com.