Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope that you have all survived the first week and as we enter the second week you are beginning to adjust to the different way of life that we are all currently experiencing. I am hoping that you have now all heard from your child’s class teacher.
I am pleased to hear that our Learning Hub is proving useful and I would like to thank those of you who have provided feedback on this. We have now put in place some additional steps to support you whilst the school remains closed:
- Osborne Learning Hub will continue to be updated on a regular basis with:
- Subject Specific activities
- Class directed weekly activities
- If you lose or forget the password for the hub please do not hesistate to contact us.
- Each class teacher will make email contact with parents of pupils within their class so that parents can ask questions or advice, directly to the class teacher, to aid/support learning. In some cases this may be to provide additional learning resources.
- We are also looking into ZOOM Conferencing in the hope that pupils may be able to connect with teachers and/or classmates. We shall be trialling this with Rubik’s Cube and will let you all know how this works. Anyone can join in this Wednesday at 12pm for the Rubik’s Cube session. For more information click HERE.
Whatever you do, please do not put undue pressure on yourselves and/or your young person during this time. We appreciate that for many of you, becoming your child’s teacher will not be easy and your young person may not respond well to your change of role. There is no expectation for you to complete lots of work and if you have more fun learning life skills such as cooking and cleaning and family games then that is fine with us too.
The school site may be closed but staff are still here to support you. If you have any urgent concerns please contact me on email@example.com or on the school emergency phone number which is 07375 637976.
Please stay safe and stay well.