We received some exciting news last week which was that we have been successful in obtaining a grant to help us develop our use of the Forest area. We have won a grant which includes £500 worth of products to help us to make the Forest into a usable and accessible learning space for our pupils. We have won:-
- LTL Membership and use of resources for one year
- Woodland Activity kit (worth £56)
- Circle Time Outdoor Kit (worth £115)
- All-Year Outdoor Learning kit (worth £145)
- Den Building kit (worth £176)
- Staff training webinars on Literacy, numeracy and Social and Emotional Health Outdoors
- Staff on-site training in the Forest (2 hours)
- A plaque recognising our work in the Forest.
Learning Through Landscapes is a charity which is funded by the People’s Postcode Lottery and you can find some more information about their work here Outdoor Learning and Play Charity | Learning through Landscapes (ltl.org.uk). We are really excited and grateful to have won this grant and looking forward to the benefits that it will bring to our pupils!
Heidi Hack, Class Teacher